I cooked the pumpkin last night to make Pumpkin sweet potato soup and I didn’t want the seeds to go to waste. Pumpkin seeds are full of vitamins and can be pretty tasty if you know how to prepare them.
How to roast pumpkin seeds:
- Remove the seeds from the pulp of the pumpkin. If you are just opening your pumpkin fresh, take the seeds out before scooping the pulp. This will make it a lot easier to get a hold of the slippery seeds and separate them.
- Rinse the seeds under cold water.
- Soak them in salt water for 8-24 hours. This helps you make more use of the seeds vitamins and makes it taste better.
- Drain and dry seeds on a paper towel.
- Season how you like. mix with a little oil to help seasoning stick. I used a little sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg. You could also try garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, etc.
- Spread in one layer on a baking sheet
- Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes, Shake them every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
- Let cool and enjoy!