We had some Swiss Chard in the fridge the other night that I wanted to make sure we used before it went bad. It was too much for a smoothie so I started looking up recipes and pulled a few together to get this quiche.
I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out but actually it was pretty delicious and everyone liked it! I’m saving the idea for later. Don’t worry if it looks like too much Chard. Ours cooked down to just the right amount.
This recipe was quick and easy and pretty adaptable. I think you could throw most of your everyday veggies in a quiche and have it be delicious.
P.S. we don’t actually own a quiche dish but I don’t think it terribly affected the taste.
- 1 sheet prepared pastry dough
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 block of Hirtenkäse (chopped)
- 4 leaves of swiss chard (chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 t. salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lay pastry dough in the bottom of your dish. Cut the excess dough off with a knife.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in swiss chard, carrots and cheese. Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.