It was always a special treat growing up when we could make pudding for dessert! Vanilla is my favorite, even if that makes me boring.
This is the first time I ever made it from scratch, and it wasn’t even that hard!
2 c. milk
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 vanilla pod
3 Tbsp vanilla sugar
2 Tbsp. corn starch
2 egg yolks
- Bring 1 1/2 cup milk, butter, scraped vanilla seeds and vanilla sugar to a boil together.
- Mix corn starch, egg yolks, and the rest of the milk together until smooth. Add it to the boiling milk and turn the heat to low.
- Boil until thickened, about a minute longer.
- If you think the pudding has lumps, you can strain it now or just leave it.
- Pour into bowl and let set.
- Serve either warm or cold.