I’ve grown up on Potato Salad but I never considered it Polish. The name for potato salad in Polish is Sałatka z kartofli. This was the best I’ve had in a long time!
About 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled
2 chopped sweet pickle spears
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 T. sour cream
2 T. liquid from pickles
salt and pepper
- Cut potatoes in half and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Hard boil eggs by putting in cold water. Turn off heat when it started to boil and set timer for 10 minutes. Put under cold water when the time is up.
- Chop potatoes into cubes. Peel and chop eggs into cubes. Put together in a bowl.
- Add pickles and onions.
- Separately, whisk together mayo, sour cream, and pickle juice. Pour over potato mixture.
- Mix together and season with salt and pepper. Add dill for garnish.