In Polish, this mushroom soup is called Zupa grzybowa.
The night we made Polish food was a little stressed, trying to make 3 different dishes with potatoes and onions in the ingredients and not get the time and quantity mixed up.
I’ve never been that fond of mushroom soup but surprisingly, I thought this was pretty delicious. I think making it from scratch with fresh ingredients is super important to the taste.
500 g of mushrooms
3-4 medium potatoes
flour to thicken
3 Tb butter
- Wash and peel carrots and potatoes. Chop into cubes
- Cook in 6 cups of water with spices for 20 minutes.
- Peel mushrooms and chop into stripes. Stew for a few minutes. Add to soup and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take out a 1/2 cup of hot soup and stir in a few spoons of flour until dissolved. Add back to the soup and wait for it to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Separate a few mushrooms and blend the rest of the soup. Add the mushrooms back as garnish.